A Pre-Purchase building and pest Inspection can stop you getting caught out when buying your biggest ever purchase in Adelaide!
Peace of Mind Home Inspections is a local building Inspection Company based in Somerton Park near Glenelg in the South Western suburbs of Adelaide.
We are experts at conducting thorough pre purchase property inspections and pest inspections of residential properties for prospective home buyers. We provide an open, honest and unbiased opinion of the house and its surrounds including the integrity of the building and many other aspects of the property. We also give objective advice on how to overcome any problems encountered.
What other companies call their “premium report” at an inflated cost; our top quality reports offer all of the bells and whistles of a premium report such as digital photos and informative advice at a fair and competitive price.
What Is Inspected (where access is available)
- Roof - covering, sagging, drainage, flashings, gutters, skylight, chimney (visual only), fascia, barges, downpipes
- Exterior - drainage, wall cladding, trim, doors, decks, stairs, timber, windows
- Masonry - salt damp, rising damp, cracking, fretting, subsidence, mortar, damp proof course
- Attic - roof structure, signs of water leakage, access, party walls
- Interior - walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows, cupboards
- Kitchen - cupboards, drawers, benchtops, sink, tap operation, visible plumbing
- Bathroom - tiles, caulking, grout, shower/screens, bath, vanity, toilet, tap operation, visible plumbing
- Fireplaces - hearth, mantle, vents, chimney (visual only)
- Structural (visible) - foundations and footings, framing (walls, floors, roof), lintels
- Subfloor- where access is available, cellars
- Insulation - batts, vapor barrier, down light shrouds, fire hazards
- Ventilation - roof, soffits, bathroom, laundry
- Plumbing - (visible plumbing only), water source , leaking pipes, drainage, related piping, water hammer, water pressure, tap operation and leaks
- Electrical - (visible electrical items only), polarity, switches, power points, lights
If access is possible we will check sub floor in timber floorboard constructions. We also check fencing, retaining walls (under 700mm high), driveways, paving, pergolas, verandas, garages, carports, sheds, painting, privacy concerns and much more. We have experience with state-of-the-art moisture meter technology, which can detect salt/rising damp and leaking pipes even 30mm behind tiles!
- An extensive and thorough pre purchase building / property inspection
- Pre purchase Pest inspections by qualified pest control technicians with advice for termite eradication and prevention systems.
- Swimming pool and pool safety inspections and certification
- Detailed reports between 14 and 30 pages long with digital photos
- Reports delivered ASAP after the inspection via Email, hard copy or fax
- Over 23 years experience in the building trade
- Free on-site consultation or phone call after the inspection
- Rural clients welcome
- We conform to Australian standards 4349.1 2007 and AS4349.3-2007
- Very competitive prices with discounts for multiple inspections
- Inspections at short notice
- We will arrange everything with the Real estate agent, vendor, tenants, inspectors etc
- We have full professional indemnity and public liability insurance
- Licensed Housesafe accredited inspectors
- Member of the pre purchase inspectors national registry
Call us today on 0403 350 581 for a FREE quote!
Right: Salt damp was discovered behind fresh paint in this column, our detectors can find these hidden problems not visible to the naked eye.